In The Quacks of Quedlinburg, players are charlatans — or quack doctors — each making their own secret brew by adding ingredients one at a time. Take care with what you add, though, for a pinch too much of this or that will spoil the whole mixture!
Each player has their own bag of ingredient chips. During each round, they simultaneously draw chips and add them to their pot. The higher the face value of the drawn chip, the further it is placed in the swirling pattern. Push your luck as far as you can, but if you add too many cherry bombs, your pot explodes!
At the end of each round, players gain victory points and coins to spend on new ingredients to add to their bags, depending on the strength of the ingredients in their pots. But players with exploded pots must choose points or coins — not both! The player with the most victory points at the end of nine rounds wins the game.
- 2019 UK Games Expo Best Board Game (European Style) People’s Choice Winner
- 2019 Nederlandse Spellenprijs Best Family Game Nominee
- 2018 Spiel der Spiele Hit mit Freunden Recommended
- 2018 Kennerspiel des Jahres Winner
- 2018 Kennerspiel des Jahres Nominee
- 2018 Golden Geek Board Game of the Year Nominee
- 2018 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Winner
- 2018 Golden Geek Best Family Board Game Nominee
- 2018 Cardboard Republic Daredevil Laurel Winner
- 2018 Cardboard Republic Daredevil Laurel Nominee